Ready to escape Old Man Winter’s icy grip? Here are savvy ways to have fun and save a ton on a family-friendly spring break along the Beaches of South Walton:
• Surf lodging specials
at Beaches of South Walton
• Factor in the value of amenities. At Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort
and WaterColor Inn & Resort
, families enjoy a variety of free children's activities and complimentary use of bicycles, kayaks, canoes and fishing gear. Vacation rental companies like ResortQuest pack
on perks with programs providing free admissions to popular attractions, dolphin cruises, deep-sea fishing and much more.
• Days on the beach don’t cost a cent. Hang out under an umbrella and build the biggest sandcastle on the beach. Snorkel in crystal clear shallow waters. Beachcomb for treasures from the sea.
• Join the fun at local festivals and events, such as free Mardi Gras events at the Village of Baytowne Wharf at Sandestin
in February and free spring Wednesday night concerts. Bonfires on the beach at WaterColor are always a hit. And, there are loads of free, and nearly free, happenings at state parks like Deer Lake, Topsail Hill and Grayton Beach.
• Catch dinner right off the beach (fishing license required), or dig into a seafood feast at local restaurants with early dining specials, two-for-one entrees and great kid menu prices.
• Pick up loads of coupons for discount dining, shopping and activities at the South Walton Visitors Center
on the corner of U.S. Highway 331 and Emerald Coast Parkway, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., seven days a week.